Friday 15 July 2011

Harriet & the Hair Fairy Illustrations

You may remember my post about the book covers I designed for my final university project, illustrating my decidedly odd story about Harriet, a little girl with no hair, and the Hair Fairy, who goes on a series of ill-fated adventures in order to clothe Harriet's head.

Well, here are some illustrations to go with the story; some character sketches, a concept for a scene and an oil painting!

The Night Mare, who donates some of her tail strands that keep growing and growing;

The Hair Fairy

Harriet with a knotted clump of fine golden hair

An oil painting! I'd been wanting to do one for ages, I prefer the original pencil sketch but I think that's just because I'm so out of practise with oils. I love 'em :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love this! The thing that caught my eye was the Night Mare pic, but then the sketch of the hair fairy and the woman with no hair really touched me, due to the fact that could have been me several years ago when I had cancer (and no hair).

    I am a writer myself and would really love to read this book when you have it finished!

    ReplyDelete